Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Double Exposed Portraits

Dear Readers, lately my g.t. class has been working on portrait photography. This is taking a front view of a person that is showing some expression, or personality. The face should be more focused than anything else so their is a focal point. Portrait photos can be similar to profile view photography and silhouetting because you can still see the figure, shape, and figures of a person. Their is also a focal point in all of these types of photography. You want a focal point so people know were to look at.

Double exposures are created by first opening up photoshop going to Files>Script>Load Files into Stacks. Then, resizing your photos to how you like it but remember to hold down shift. if you do not hold it down you'll either look like you never ate enough or you ate way too much! Then you'll want to blend all your photos together by deselecting the layer > Blend Mode >  Screen. I would like to create this too see how much creativity I can put into this project. This might end up being the most complicated yet most Wonderfull finishing look. If I can make this pretty descent and successfully finish it how I want it too be no matter what grade I receive Ill be very proud.

In my visual I decided to use an old picture of me to kind of show the difference of when I was a youngling. I decided to blend it in my head area to give an illusion that I was thinking about that memory. The second photo I decided to take a picture of one of my favorite beaches called Hideaways on the North Shore of Kauai. All of the symbolizing pictures we had to take were taken with my phone because its not bad quality. At first I made quite a lot of mistakes by not cropping it right, Dodging different pictures to see how it turn out. I learned what I was doing wrong from my mistakes. The bell was about to ring in about three minutes, I was so stressed out but worked super fast creating it just how I wanted it. After I turned it in and looked back at how it turned out I had wished that I made the colors pop out more. If someone were to look at this id think they'd focus more on the old photo rather than the beach because its not popping out as well. The standard was to be able to see our symbolize pictures and if it was not seeable we wouldn't get any credit. We'd most likely have to go back after critiquing as a class to make everything that we put in our profile able to see so everyone knew what we were looking at. 





12 comments:

  1. I really love how beautiful and neat they both are.
    One thing to be improved is your message.
    I really love how opake your colors are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite part is that you have a small you combined with an older version if that really makes sense.
    I think your message works, mainly because I can tell what your symbols are.
    To improve this you should put more adjustment layers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the overall image is good
    dont really get the symbols
    also the practice one is good

    ReplyDelete
  4. The beach looks awesome plus I like the picture of you younger since it could symbolize a lot of things. But the pictures of you younger could have been sized so that you could see everything about her

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite part of your work is how you got really creative.
    Your message sorta works because you can only see one symbol clearly.
    Your quality of work could of improved by getting rid of that line on the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the beach in the backround
    I cant see the beach that well though
    Use the eraser tool to blend the 2 images together

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of you when you were little.
    The line in between the pictures is really distracting.
    I can't really tell if you added any adjustment layers

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture of you is super cute!!
    Your neck is... well... kinda gone..
    I really like your practice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the two symbols you chose.
    There is a big bold line that is very distracting.
    I love your practice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks nice but it is kind of hard to see that it's a beach

    ReplyDelete
  11. thats a cool baby picture
    your head seems a little off
    very creatively abstract

    ReplyDelete
  12. Compliment: Great symbolism
    Improvement: Your neck became a little smaller
    Compliment:Amazing images overall

    ReplyDelete