Monday, March 23, 2015

Typography Images

Typography is an artistic technique of text matter. This method makes a big impact with images especially if you add words that are symbolizing the image. It gives the audience a different perspective. From what Ive seen I never saw that much typography around so I'm excited to try this out. Artwork that isn't popular is one of my favorites because the more I see something the more tired I get of seeing something.

One of my biggest challenges was when Photoshop is lagging and doesn't let me finish on time. So Id have to exit to try and restart. Another thing I had a problem with was trying to get the size of the text to look like it was engraved into the picture of our teacher. What helped me is saving my work so that if I do something that couldn't be fixed I would just have the saved file to open up and go back to were I was. My favorite part about this project was stamping on words that described us.  Different words were stamped on different parts of our face depending on what shade our face was from shadows, mid-tones, and highlights.



13 comments:

  1. I like the pics color scheme
    Some of the words are hard to see but other than that nothing!
    It looks exactly like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you.
    I cant really tell what your words say.
    I like your color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how your face is visible
    Don't stamp your layers on the scratch paper
    The colors match your background

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the colors you used.
    One thing that could be improved is to make the words a little more visible.
    I also like that you can tell that its you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really really nice color scheme! I feel like it really matches you. The words seem a bit transparent, some are hard to see, but I love your word choice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your image is great
    A thing that could be improved is that other words can stand out
    Great colors

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your choice of words!
    Your final image is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite part would have to be that it is easy to recognize you when I look at the image.
    It is difficult to read certain words for me.
    Overall the image looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really, Really, Really, Nice color scheme. It matches you!
    I like the words that you chose but they are a little hard to see them.
    You evenly placed the highlights, light mid-tones, dark mid-tones, and shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see your words very clearly
    I honestly don't see anything bad!
    Good job on your teacher portrait

    ReplyDelete
  11. colors blend nicely
    your image would not resemble you without your b&w layer
    great font

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was really easy to see your face and the aspects of it.
    Text was hard to read and you could have changed the text color of all your postrize levels.
    Over all well done.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like all of your pictures.
    Wheres your innovator.
    I really really like both of your pictures!

    ReplyDelete